[build2] How to update a package on cppget ?

Michael Martin Moro sexymimi64 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 12:38:12 UTC 2023

Hi !

I've been using a package (redis-plus-plus) that's broken with recent
compilers. The problem has been fixed some time ago on the project's
main repository, but the cppget package hasn't been updated since.

I'd like to do the deed myself, if possible. I've successfully updated
the package from version 3.3 to 3.10.

However, if I try to submit the package using
https://www.cppget.org/?submit, I get an error 401.

Similarly if I try to use `bdep publish`, I end up with the following
message:

error: project owner authentication failed
  info: reference: b5ca39cbe4db

I was wondering: considering that I'm not the person who originally
created the package, am I still allowed to update it ? And if not, how
would I find out the identity of the person who did create the package,
so that he may know that the package needs to be updated ? I'd gladly
take over the maintenance for that package if needed, I just don't know how.

I've uploaded the updated package to a git repository in the meantime:

https://github.com/crails-framework/redis-plus-plus

Thank you for your time !