[build2] build2 0.15 vs 0.16 and odb beta23 to 25

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Sep 8 05:40:09 UTC 2023

MM via users <users at build2.org> writes:

> Are you aware of any users who produced odb.rpm and libodb.rpm from these
> artefacts produced via build2?

You could do that with the new bpkg-pkg-bindist command:

https://build2.org/release/0.16.0.xhtml#bindist

We've tried that for the runtime libraries (libodb*) but haven't
tried the ODB compiler yet, though I think it should work.

Once we release ODB (hopefully in a couple of months) we plan to
try to build such binary distribution packages as part of the CI
(which is not to say that having them in the official package
repositories won't be preferable).