[build2] error when trying to compile build2

Phillip Shelton phillip.shelton at cardno.com.au
Mon Mar 28 02:22:30 UTC 2022

Hi,

Thank you for all your help. I was going to try to use the staged copy of build2, but realise that I am not sure how to insert that into the toolchain instructions.  Your 0.14.0 version comes in an archive called build2-toolchain-0.14.0, but your staged code only supplies the build2 code, not it's dependents, or a build-mingw.bat file.
I can download separately the staged dependents. Which I did, and I have put them all into a 0.15.0 folder.  But this is just a collection of the individual parts, I have not found a link to a page that tells me how to put it all together.
I did run the .\bootstrap-mingw.bat script, which did produce a working b-boot version 99999.99999.99999 and libbutl version 99999.99999.99999 but when then went to do step two of the bootstrap page
build2\b-boot config.cxx=g++ config.bin.lib=static build2\exe{b} it gave the following error:
error: unable to import target libbutl%lib{butl}
  info: use config.import.libbutl configuration variable to specify its project out_root
  info: while applying rule cxx.link to update build2\exe{b}
info: failed to update build2\exe{b}

So now I am at a loss again.

Phillip Shelton
Senior Transport Modeller
Cardno

Phone +61 7 3877 6991
Address Level 11, 515 St Paul's Terrace, Fortitude Valley, 4006 Queensland Australia

Email phillip.shelton at cardno.com.au  Web www.cardno.com