[build2] build2 0.14.0 released

Matthew Krupcale mkrupcale at matthewkrupcale.com
Fri Jan 28 14:10:37 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 8:58 AM Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> Fixed:
>
> https://git.build2.org/cgit/libbutl/commit/?id=23c07078a9f2790b96a6ee6a6183911aaec71533

Thanks for the quick fix

> Also filed an issue with upstream:
>
> https://github.com/lz4/lz4/issues/1053

and for filing upstream.

> Yes, annoying. I looked around and there doesn't seem to be anything
> wrong with the certificate (it's in bpkg/tests/auth/default-cert.pem).

So this turned out to be the y2038 issue. That certificate expires in
2121, well beyond the 32-bit time_t limits. On glibc >= 2.34, this is
fixed by defining _TIME_BITS=64 [1]. Unfortunately, Fedora 34 only has
glibc 2.33, so for F34 I'm going to have to disable the bpkg tests
which use that cert.

But these fixes have got things building for all arcs on F35-F36
[2,3]. Once I've got F34 building, I'll send out the updates to bodhi.

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/bug-gnulib@gnu.org/msg41057.html
[2] https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=82049559
[3] https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=82049455