[build2] build2 0.14.0 released

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jan 24 11:49:23 UTC 2022

Matthew Krupcale via users <users at build2.org> writes:

> Apologies for the delay on this--I did confirm that the patches fixed
> the OpenSSL issue [1], but I haven't had time to investigate the
> PPC64LE C++ modules issue.
>
> So perhaps what I'll do is just disable the build on PPC64LE for now
> and push v0.14.0 to F35/36. Alternatively I could just disable those
> failing modules tests so at least PPC64LE can use the latest build2
> minus working compiler C++ modules implementation. I'll do that today.

I think the latter approach is preferable (right now, where GCC is
concerned, there is no such thing as "working compiler C++ modules
implementation" regardless of the platform ;-)).

Unfortunately there is no easy way to exclude these tests currently
(I've added an issue[1] for that). Feels like dropping a buildfile
into tests/cc/ with the following contents is the best option:

./: {*/ -modules/}

[1] https://github.com/build2/build2/issues/180