[build2] error when trying to compile build2

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Feb 16 14:52:12 UTC 2022

Phillip Shelton via users <users at build2.org> writes:

> C:\compilers\build2_build\build2-toolchain-0.14>curl -Ov https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pkg.cppget.org/1/alpha/repositories.manifest__;!!PwxmruxY!PvXRrUdq8Ofi_WqAoqZOteF2LUNwdrYXE5oXfQey_AeA13ZfhugSCIELQl_vA6a3UdBm1gI$
>
> * Connected to urldefense.com (52.71.28.102) port 443 (#0)
>
> More importantly, it looks like my organisation's certificate is
> self signed.

More precisely, it seems your network connection is forwarded
through urldefense.com. I am not entirely sure how this
https://urldefense.com/... URL ended up in the above command
line: did you type it yourself or did you type the original
(https://pkg.cppget.org/1/alpha/repositories.manifest) and
it was rewritten by your email server when you copied it into
the email reply?

In any case, it's likely a policy of your organization to
send everything through urldefense so it's unlike you will
be able to get rid of it. If you can get the self-signed
certificate in question, you can try to pass it to curl
and see if it helps, for example:

> curl -Ov --cacert urldefense.cert https://pkg.cppget.org/1/alpha/repositories.manifest

If you manage to make it work, then you can make bpkg pass
the same with --fetch-option, for example:

> bpkg-stage fetch --fetch-option=--cacert --fetch-option=urldefese.cert

> Just a comment, the build2 curl and libcurl versions are off by one.
> Version 7.71.0 vs 7.70.0

Yes, that doesn't look right, will investigate, thanks.