[build2] Python Wrapper with Pybind11, Calling Python, and Renaming Libraries

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Apr 6 12:56:43 UTC 2021

Markus Pawellek via users <users at build2.org> writes:

> Is there a way to further extend the
> install and uninstall commands of build2?
> Currently, one has to make sure to call 'python -m pip install .'
> inside the directory of the build configuration.

While I am a bit fuzzy on what exactly you are trying
to achieve here, perhaps ad hoc recipes can help:

https://build2.org/release/0.13.0.xhtml#adhoc-recipe

In particular, you could add recipes for the project's
root directory target to implement some sort of project
post-install/uninstall hooks:

./: {*/ -build/} doc{README.md} manifest
% install
{{
  diag post-install
  echo "installing into $install.root"