[build2] Generating source code in build2 projects

Bruce Sutherland bsutherland at soundhound.com
Fri Jul 31 01:55:45 UTC 2020

Hi all,

As part of our build process, we generate some C++ source and header
files from code in an internal language. Let's call the language Blub,
say that the files have extension .blub, and the generator is called
blubc.

So I assume we need to configure blubc as a tool in build2, and define
dependencies from .blub to .cpp and .h files.

How should we do that with build2? The documentation mentions
generated source code, but doesn't go into much detail. Can anyone
point me to an example of a project with a similar configuration?

Thanks for your help!

Bruce