[build2] build2 0.13.0 released

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 22 12:39:52 UTC 2020

Matthew Krupcale <mkrupcale at matthewkrupcale.com> writes:

> Congratulations on the latest release. Updates[1,2] are pending for
> Fedora 32 and 31.

Thanks!

> > The main focus of this release is build system support for project-
> > specific configurations and ad hoc recipes.
>
> Very nice, that is two of the strategic/foundational items on the
> roadmap[3]. I think project-specific configurations might have been
> one of the last things missing in my mind for a minimum viable
> production build system.

Right, though I think ad hoc recipes are also in that bag: few non-
trivial real-world projects don't have any custom build steps.

In fact, I believe that with the addition of ad hoc recipes we now
have feature parity with GNU make. Maybe ad hoc rules would be the
last missing bit (planned for the next release).