[build2] Installation of legal documentation (LICENSE, etc)

Matthew Krupcale mkrupcale at matthewkrupcale.com
Fri Jul 3 00:22:00 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 8:46 AM Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> Ok, this has been implemented[1] in the latest staged version

Thanks for implementing that. It simplifies build2 packages a bit on
Fedora (and I suppose SUSE).

> (and, yes, you really can write `<project>`[2]).

Is there a reason for using angle brackets to do the command-line
variable substitution? Since it's on the shell, I can see how $project
might be confusing. On the other hand, since < and > also have shell
semantics (i.e. redirection), the argument must be shell quoted as
well as indicated in [2].

So maybe quoting like

b config.install.libexec='exec_root/lib/$project/'

wouldn't be so bad. It would then be consistent with the buildfile
variable syntax.

> We are about a week from starting the release sequence

Great, looking forward to it.

> so if you could try this out and confirm everything works as expected, that would be great.

Done[1], everything seems in order.

[1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mkrupcale/build2/build/1516659/