[build2] Installation of legal documentation (LICENSE, etc)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jul 2 12:46:32 UTC 2020

Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> writes:

> Matthew Krupcale <mkrupcale at matthewkrupcale.com> writes:
>
> > Perhaps it would make sense to have a separate license{} target type
> > which has its install path specified by e.g. config.install.license.
>
> That's a good idea, though I like the more general term 'legal', i.e.,
> legal{} and config.install.legal.
>
> Will try to add it before the release.

Ok, this has been implemented[1] in the latest staged version so now you
should be able to just add:

config.install.legal=/usr/share/licenses/<project>/

And get the desired result (and, yes, you really can write `<project>`[2]).

We are about a week from starting the release sequence so if you could
try this out and confirm everything works as expected, that would be
great.

[1] https://git.build2.org/cgit/build2/commit/?id=7daa7916182025d737f439da5fe5d67fe1a2fb8c
[2] https://git.build2.org/cgit/build2/commit/?id=83fc9f4287d24826abc8ea61e1524edf23dcd449