[build2] Installation Error on Manjaro

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Apr 7 14:38:02 UTC 2020

Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> writes:

> Markus Pawellek <markus.pawellek at mailbox.org> writes:
>
> > $ g++ --version
> >  g++ (Arch Linux 9.3.0-1) 9.3.0
>
> [...] For example, in the above case they for some reason decided to
> throw away the word "version" and move the version itself to the end.

To correct myself, nothing is actually rearranged in this output compared
to the English version. It's this output that broke things:

> > $ g++ -v
>
>   [...]
>   gcc-Version 9.3.0 (Arch Linux 9.3.0-1)

In the English version it reads:

gcc version 9.3.0 (Arch Linux 9.3.0-1)

> We will hopefully have something ready by to tomorrow (in the staged
> toolchain form) and it would be great if you could try it on your
> setup. Will let you know once it's available.

Ok, we've staged[1] the new version with the LC_ALL=C fix and it
appears to work in our local tests with the German locale (i.e.,
by running the build system with LC_ALL=de_DE.UTF-8). Though it
would be great if you could test it in a "real German setup" ;-)
to confirm.

[1] https://build2.org/community.xhtml#stage