[build2] Failure to compile build2 with libpkgconf 1.5.3

Matthew Krupcale mkrupcale at matthewkrupcale.com
Sun Oct 28 15:36:21 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 7:19 AM Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> Give us a few days to wrap some things up and we will try to fix
> this in the development version.

Hello,

Just a status update. I've now successfully built[1] build2 on Fedora
29 (and rawhide) using the latest staging version of build2 et al. One
thing to note is that it successfully builds on both i386 and ppc64le
architectures as well as x86_64. As far as I can tell, previous builds
were tested on various OS and compiler combinations but all on x86_64
architecture.

As far as going forward with official Fedora packaging, I'd prefer to
wait for an official release (could be a patch release) rather than
packaging a pre-release version.

Best,
Matthew

[1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mkrupcale/build2/build/816339/