[build2] [bug] Failed assertion with hacky repository/package

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jun 7 11:38:44 UTC 2018

Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim at gmail.com> writes:

> Anyway, looks like the reasonable (and often used) options would be:
>
> A. Not use github for issue tracking [...]

GitHub's issue tracker was one of the main reasons to set the whole thing
up in the first place (i.e., to make build2 more "accessible").

> B. Close all issue trackers of all projects except the one of the
> super-project build2-toolchain.

Yes, we thought about it and we could do that (and probably only "pin"
that repository) but then that would suggest this is the repository
people should clone.

> C. Status Quo: let people try to report in specific project issue lists, as
> it is now.

Yes, while not ideal, this is probably the best option for now.

Thanks for the ideas!

Boris