[build2] Failing to build packages in remote git repositories

Klaim - Joël Lamotte mjklaim at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 09:04:29 UTC 2018

On 17 July 2018 at 10:59, Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Suggestion: make the message "Nothing to build:
> <explains-why-depending-on-the-kind-of-uri>"
>
> For git or maybe any potential kind of repository, I suggest
> "No refs/tags/v* tags found matching the request, not branch specified."
> for the why.

Another possible suggestion: if no tags are found, use "master" branch
by default and report a warning about this to the user.
That way might simplify simple attempts at trying build2 while still
make sense.
Maybe a flag option to allow or not this behaviour would be necessary
but if available, it looks like it could be a good default.

A. Joël Lamotte