[build2] : Is there a way to ignore buildfile(s) of upper directories?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Feb 27 07:59:38 UTC 2018

Mueller Tobias (DC-MH/EMF1) <tobias.mueller2 at boschrexroth.de> writes:

> Root/
> buildfile
>     Test/
>         PIL/
>         buildfile
>
> Now I would like to build only the buildfile in directory Root/Test/PIL/.
> However if I run build2 in this directory it tries to build the upper
> buildfile in directory Root/ as well.

Unless you have included Root/buildfile in Test/PIL/buildfile, it
should not be loaded (add print directives to confirm). The project-
wide Root/build/{bootstrap,root}.build are loaded, however, and this
is as expected.

> Is there a way to build only the projects below a directory ignoring
> the buildfiles in upper directories?

If you don't want to load {bootstrap,root}.build from Root/, then you
will need to make PIL/ (or Test/) a project with disabled amalgamation.
That is, add build/{bootstrap,root}.build under PIL/ (or Test/) and add
this after project= in bootstrap.build:

amalgamation = # Disabled.

(If something does not work, send a test project that reproduces the
problem).

Boris