[build2] possible to do something similar to DESTDIR= make install?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sun Aug 20 15:48:10 UTC 2017

Norbert Lange <nolange79 at gmail.com> writes:

> I will have to build "in-tree", and take some care to be able to clean
> up everything.

I've fixed the version cleanup and restaged the new version (available
from the same place) so the in-tree build should now be compatible with
the "Debian way" without any extra effort.

> BTW, you will often have "meta" folders and files, think about the
> .git subdirectory or project files for editiors/ideas.

I am not sure I follow how this is related?

> I find code "being pretty hairy" is a good reason for second guesses =)

Paraphrasing a famous comment from Solaris, let's see you do better. ;-)

> This is primary about the no 'half-out-of-tree' support thats used
> quite often, the command-line can be worked around if necessary.
> Just want to know you are aware of that, what you do with this
> information is your issue, I am not demanding anything =)

Ok, fair enough, I will keep this in mind and let's see if this
turns out to be an issue for many (so far you are the first person
bringing this up).

Boris