[build2] Wildcards and pattern exclusion

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sat Apr 8 16:07:51 UTC 2017

Hi Max,

Moldmann Max (DC-MA/ENG52-NA) <Max.Moldmann at boschrexroth-us.com> writes:

> exe{main}: {h c}{** -Template*}
>
> did it for me now, cause the files all match this pattern.
> But it still would be nice if I could exclude all files below a
> certain path as the pattern you suggested didn't work (same error
> message as before):
>
> exe{main}: {h c}{** -Templates/*}

Yes, right. The exclusions are currently matched against the last
component of the path, I forgot about that. We will try to address
this at some point.

> Build2 doesn't seem to produce exit codes >0 for a failed build
> which would be nice when included in scripts.

Hm, that's surprising:

$ b
c++ cxx{hello}
hello.cxx: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
hello.cxx:7:7: error: ‘argc1’ was not declared in this scope
   if (argc1 != 2)
       ^
info: failed to update dir{./}
$ echo $?
1

Can you give more details (which platform, what's the command line, etc)?

> Concluding I can state Build2 is MUCH faster than my old parallel
> make build! Awesome work!!!

Thanks, I am glad you have noticed.

Boris