[build2] Patches for C++23 std::aligned_storage and libpkgconf v1.9.0+

Matthew Krupcale mkrupcale at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 00:10:24 UTC 2023

On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 8:54 AM Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> Thanks for looking into this and providing a detailed description of
> the issues.

No problem, it's par for the course in packaging ;)

> I've applied your libpkgconf patch as is[1] but the std::aligned_storage
> change needs some work[2]. Specifically, after some digging, it appears
> a suitable replacement for:
> To make sure, I've written a test[3] and it passes on all the main
> platforms/compilers[4].
>
> Let me know if there are any other issues.

Thanks, I've applied your updated patches, pushed to the official
dist-git [1], built [2], and sent updates [3] to official repos, so
hopefully they'll land there soon enough.

[1] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/build2/commits/rawhide
[2] https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=28256
[3] https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/?packages=build2