[build2] build2 0.15 vs 0.16 and odb beta23 to 25

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Aug 29 10:20:04 UTC 2023

MM via users <users at build2.org> writes:

> We run Fedora and the last F38 has build2 0.15 rpms.

I am checking with Matthew Krupcale if he plans to update the packages
to 0.16.0. In the meantime you will need to use the install script[1].

[1] https://build2.org/install.xhtml

> Is it possible to upgrade odb beta23 to 25 with that version of build2?
>
> we get this error
> odb-2.5.0-b.25/doc/buildfile:122:5: error: no prerequisites in dependency
> chain or prerequisite-specific variable assignment

It should have been possible but it appears we are relying on a bug fix
in build2 0.16.0 without having updated the toolchain version constraint.
So it looks like you will need 0.16.0, sorry.