[build2] bootstrapping 0.16

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Aug 29 08:14:06 UTC 2023

MM via users <users at build2.org> writes:

> When starting like this
> >
> > sh build2-install-0.16.0.sh --system libsqlite3,libpkg-config
>
> I see the default is
> g++ -std=c++1y and no optimization.
> With gcc 13, the default is c++17 not c++1y
> Should such a default change?

No, these options are only used to build the bootstrap binary. Because
this is done by a makefile or shell script where we cannot easily detect
the compiler version used, we just pass the conservative -std=c++1y which
works with all the version of GCC that we support.

> Secondly, libpkg-config from system fails to be found
>
> [...]
>
> I have these 2 rpms installed, and I redacted what I think the relevant
> files from each would be.
> libpkgconf-1.8.0-6.fc38.x86_64
>
> > /usr/lib64/libpkgconf.so.3
> > /usr/lib64/libpkgconf.so.3.0.0
> >

> Are these the wrong system rpms? is libpkg-config something else?

Yes, libpkg-config is a different package[1]. If you want to use
system libpkgconf, then run:

sh build2-install-0.16.0.sh --system libsqlite3,libpkgconf

[1] https://github.com/build2/libpkg-config