[build2] Naming of library imports from pkg-config files

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Aug 22 14:07:47 UTC 2023

Sorry, got sidetracked into dealing with other stuff.

Christopher Head <build2 at chead.ca> writes:

> Normally I would expect to find that in the manual. Right now build2’s
> manual seems to lean heavily towards “tutorial” (aka
> “learning-oriented”) with some explanation-type text as well. I have not
> really found any kind of reference-type documentation at all, actually;
> is there one?

There is no reference documentation per se but the manual is essentially
split into the Introduction (which is tutorial-level) with the rest being
more reference-like (i.e., complete documentation but still with examples,
etc).

> I can put it in a HOWTO if that’s where you want it, it just doesn’t
> seem like quite the right place to me.

Yes, you are probably right. In any case, I went ahead and documented
it in the `cc` module's chapter:

https://build2.org/stage/build2/doc/build2-build-system-manual.xhtml#cc-import-installed

I think I've captured everything we've discussed (plus quite a bit more)
but let me know if anything is missing or unclear.