[build2] error when trying to compile build2

Phillip Shelton phillip.shelton at cardno.com.au
Tue Feb 15 06:48:11 UTC 2022

Okay, I downloaded V0.14.0 of everything, including the Official MinGW GCC and started again, following the bootstrap instructions for MinGW Windows.

And yea! I am now able to start the Bootstrap, Phase 2.
And I can do Bootstrap Phase 3.
This time it is "Step 4. Install" that I can not do.

I try to run the following

> bpkg-stage fetch

And get this:

C:\compilers\build2_build\build2-toolchain-0.14>bpkg-stage fetch -v
fetching pkg:cppget.org/alpha
curl -f -L -A "bpkg/0.14.0 (MinGW; +https://build2.org) libbpkg/0.14.0 libbutl/0.14.0 curl" https://pkg.cppget.org/1/alpha/repositories.manifest
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not
establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this situation and
how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above.
error: unable to fetch https://pkg.cppget.org/1/alpha/repositories.manifest
  info: re-run with -v for more information

Not a lot of help.

Phillip Shelton
Senior Transport Modeller
Cardno

Phone +61 7 3877 6991
Address Level 11, 515 St Paul's Terrace, Fortitude Valley, 4006 Queensland Australia
Postal Locked Bag 4006, Fortitude Valley 4006
Email phillip.shelton at cardno.com.au  Web www.cardno.com