[build2] Kconfig support in build2

Matthew Krupcale mkrupcale at matthewkrupcale.com
Thu Jan 28 18:26:27 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 3:51 AM Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> Yes, I see. This happens because there is no persistent configuration
> in libbuild2-kconfig/ so on step 2 the module is built in the default
> configuration. I think configuring libbuild2-kconfig/ is the easiest
> way to solve this:
>
> /usr/bin/b [...] configure: libbuild2-kconfig/
> /usr/bin/b libbuild2-kconfig/
>
> /usr/bin/b [...] libbuild2-kconfig-tests/ \
>   '!config.import.libbuild2_kconfig=libbuild2-kconfig/'
>
> /usr/bin/b install: libbuild2-kconfig/
>
> Where [...] are the config.* variables (after configuring libbuild2-kconfig/
> we don't need to repeat them in update and install).

This indeed worked: only one build required.

> (The other way would be to get rid of the module update on step 2 by
> using LD_LIBRARY_PATH instead of config.import.libbuild2_kconfig to
> locate the module).

I ended up doing this[1] since it makes %build RPM phase a little
simpler, and I disable RPATHs and therefore have to use
LD_LIBRARY_PATH for running the tests anyways. Only disadvantage I
suppose is that libbuild2-kconfig-tests will have to first
update(-for-test) during the %check RPM phase, but this is probably
okay.

[1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mkrupcale/build2/build/1917404/