[build2] Standard pre-installed build system modules

Matthew Krupcale mkrupcale at matthewkrupcale.com
Tue Jan 26 17:16:23 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 4:38 AM Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> make them a separate package or packages with the build system
> reverse-depending on this package in such a way that by default
> installing the build system triggers the installation of the
> modules (e.g., "recommends" in Debian).

As I indicated in the other thread, this is the route I plan to take.

> Note also that because of #2, modules are versioned independently
> of build2. However, each release of build2 will fix the set and
> versions of the standard build system modules with only patch
> version variations allowed (we may relax this once we are out of
> the alpha phase and have stable build system interfaces).

Sounds good. As I indicated in the other thread, I think updates in
Fedora can be handled using side tags[2]:

 1. build updated [lib]build2 first into a side tag
 2. build updated libbuild2-kconfig against libbuild2 in same side tag
 3. push side tag packages to updates

[1] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/WeakDependencies/
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Nphilipp/Package_update_HOWTO#Bodhi_update_for_builds_in_a_side-tag