[build2] Linker Error when Installing build2 on Arch Linux using GCC 10.1.0

Matthew Krupcale mkrupcale at matthewkrupcale.com
Mon May 25 14:07:42 UTC 2020

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 9:21 AM Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> Yes, we've tried to solve the copyright update issue "for good"
> and it took a couple of rounds to get right. See these template
> repositories for details on our approach:

Okay, makes sense.

I'm also glad that these licensing files are installed along with the
binaries and documentation. On Fedora, though, I have to move the
installed licensing files from /usr/share/doc/${pkg} to
/usr/share/licenses/${pkg}. It seems like most RPM-based distributions
install licenses into /usr/share/licenses, whereas DEB-based
distributions install them into /usr/share/doc. Perhaps it would make
sense to have a separate license{} target type which has its install
path specified by e.g. config.install.license.

It's not a major pain point right now, but if more packages use build2
on Fedora/RHEL/SUSE, they'll all have to move the license files during
installation. Since documentation is in the same directory as licenses
currently, the license files have to be moved individually as opposed
to moving the whole directory, so the files to move will be
package-dependent.

Matthew