[build2] Linker Error when Installing build2 on Arch Linux using GCC 10.1.0

Matthew Krupcale mkrupcale at matthewkrupcale.com
Fri May 22 21:49:00 UTC 2020

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 8:54 AM Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> Matthew, thanks for the in-depth analysis.

No problem.

> I've now pushed a fix for this (as well as for the is_pod warning)
> but haven't tested it with GCC 10 (we haven't made a build bot VM
> for it yet). If you could give the latest staged toolchain[1] a go
> and confirm this fixes it, that would be great.

I've now built[1] the latest staging on F31, F32, and Rawhide (GCC 9.3
and 10.1) without issue (except a few -Wmaybe-uninitialized warnings,
but I didn't see any is_pod deprecation warnings).

One small discrepancy I noticed is that libbutl appears to have a
COPYRIGHT file in addition to AUTHORS and LICENSE files. Is this
intentional? build2, libbpkg, bpkg, and bdep seem to have created and
then removed the COPYRIGHT file during v0.13.0 development.

Matthew

[1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mkrupcale/build2/build/1403384/