[build2] pkg-config file name

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Mar 18 13:25:25 UTC 2020

Paul Stath <PStath at jmawireless.com> writes:

> Is this a feature you would add in Build2?
>
> Generate a symlink to the generated  *.{shared,static}.pc file.
> The symlink target is determined by the value of config.bin.exe.lib variable.

Yes, if you are keen to try/use it, I will take a stab at it tomorrow.
Shouldn't be anything complicated (famous last words).

> In the meantime, is there I way I could create the symlink?
> Is it as simple as creating a "broken" symlink in the source directory?
> It appears from the documentation that build2 has a concept of symlinks.

No, I don't think this will work. If you try to install a "source"
symlink, build2 will just follow it to the target and install that.

I think the simplest temporary workaround would be to just create the
symlink manually in the installation directory after running build2.