[build2] build2 not Compiling on Raspberry Pi ARMv7 Architecture

Markus Pawellek markus.pawellek at mailbox.org
Thu Jul 16 18:36:54 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am using a Raspberry Pi Model 3B with Raspbian
and GCC version 8.3.0 for some home projects
and I wanted to use build2 as the build system for my code.
But the compilation of build2 fails with the following error messages.

In file included from libbuild2/utility.cxx:12:
./libbuild2/target.hxx:1502:4: error: #error timestamp is not lock-free on this architecture
 #  error timestamp is not lock-free on this architecture

In file included from ./libbuild2/file.hxx:12,
                 from build2/b.cxx:29:
./libbuild2/target.hxx:1502:4: error: #error timestamp is not lock-free on this architecture
 #  error timestamp is not lock-free on this architecture

In file included from libbuild2/prerequisite.cxx:7:
./libbuild2/target.hxx:1502:4: error: #error timestamp is not lock-free on this architecture
 #  error timestamp is not lock-free on this architecture

Is there any chance to get it to work on this platform?
Thank you in advance.

Greetings
Markus