[build2] build2 on fedora: bpkg's own rpms

MM finjulhich at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 17:41:50 UTC 2020

On Sat, 11 Jan 2020 at 15:58, Matthew Krupcale <
mkrupcale at matthewkrupcale.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am the maintainer for the official build2 packages on Fedora. I'm not
> sure exactly where you are looking at that list of RPMs, but the main
> source package is build2, and this has several subpackages[1], including
> build2, build2-rpm-macros, libbuild2, libbutl, libbpkg, bpkg, and bdep. If
> you wish to install bpkg, you should install the bpkg subpackage.
>
> Let me know if you have any other questions.
>
> P.S.: The ~bootstrap appearing in the package names just means that these
> packages were bootstrapped, not that you need to bootstrap anything
> yourself. These should be fully functional build2 packages.
>
> Best,
> Matthew

 Thanks. I simply missed that bpkg and bdep rpms were already there too, I
had just listed

dnf list *build2*

I have ran the from source script:   build2-install-0.12.0.sh and it
installed everything in /usr/local
and then i built odb & co.
So now I can simply uninstall via build2-install-0.12.0.sh and install bpkg
rpm for future changes.

Thanks

MM