[build2] Using build2 packages installed by bpkg

Markus Pawellek markuspawellek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 01:05:57 UTC 2020

Hello,

is it possible to use a build2 package 'A', that was installed by bpkg
to '/usr/local', as a system-installed dependency for another build2
project 'X' which is stating the package 'A' as an explicit dependency
in its manifest file by 'depends: A'?
Currently, every build configuration used in a project has to download
its dependencies anew.
Of course, this makes sense if I would like to build the dependencies
with the same configuration and a specific version.
But for example, if I would use a rare-changing, header-only library
with some specific version, it would be easier to rely on the globally
installed package.
In short: How to use build2 packages installed by bpkg in other build2 projects?
I could not find an entry about this specific problem in the documentation.
Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings
Markus