[build2] Yacc module?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Sep 20 17:45:37 UTC 2019

Joachim Kuebart <joachim.kuebart at gmail.com> writes:

> thanks again for your help. I was busy with other stuff for a while, and
> I'm going to be away for the next three weeks, so this is how far I've
> come, see https://gitlab.com/jkuebart/libbuild2-yacc.git.

Nice, I've skimmed through the code and it looks pretty sensible. It
seems like you didn't have too hard of a time wrapping your head around
the build2 machinery, which is encouraging.

Ping me when you are back and ready to look into this again, and I will
do a more thorough review.

One thing that we should probably do sooner rather than later is move
OpenBSD's yacc implementation to a separate package/repository (currently
it is a "sub-package" of the libbuild2-yacc package which is strictly
speaking illegal).

I am also wondering if it would be a good idea to rename the package
and executable to openbsd-yacc since we may end up with several yacc's
(and maybe a bison) and theoretically different dependencies of the
same package may require different yacc's.