[build2] Freezing with MSYS2

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Oct 7 10:44:36 UTC 2019

David Cohoe <sudgylacmoe at gmail.com> writes:

> The last few lines are:
>
> g++ -v
> trace: cc::guess: g++ is gcc: 'gcc version 9.1.0 (GCC)'
> g++ -print-multiarch
> trace: cc::guess_gcc: g++ doesn's support -print-multiarch, falling
> back to -dumpmachine
> g++ -dumpmachine
> g++ -x c++ -E -
>
> I attached the complete output.

Thanks for testing this and the log. I reviewed the code and I think
it is hanging on this command though I am still not sure what's going
on here.

Could you provide more information on how you've built build2 (did you
use your own GCC or the one from build2-mingw, etc) as well as what is
the setup when you try to build hello?

Specifically, I assume the GCC you use to build hello is MinGW, not
MSYS2, correct?

Also, for interest's sake, can you try to put C:\build2\bin first in
PATH and see if that makes any difference?