[build2] Yacc module?

Joachim Kuebart joachim.kuebart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 06:51:42 UTC 2019

Hi Boris,

quick question: are you going to be at MeetingC++ later this week? It
would be a great opportunity to catch up.

I'm back but haven't been able to make time for working on the yacc
module yet. Still planning to get it to a usable state though.

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 at 19:45, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> Joachim Kuebart <joachim.kuebart at gmail.com> writes:
>
> One thing that we should probably do sooner rather than later is move
> OpenBSD's yacc implementation to a separate package/repository (currently
> it is a "sub-package" of the libbuild2-yacc package which is strictly
> speaking illegal).

Why do you think it's illegal? I can't find anything in either the MIT
or OpenBSD licences that would prevent such mixing-and-matching. All
files derived from OpenBSD have their own licence header, and I could
also add that licence to the main licence file. Do you still think it
should be broken out?

> I am also wondering if it would be a good idea to rename the package
> and executable to openbsd-yacc since we may end up with several yacc's
> (and maybe a bison) and theoretically different dependencies of the
> same package may require different yacc's.

That's definitely a good idea and I'll do the renaming next time I work on this.

Best,

Joachim