[build2] config.bin.rpath lib vs lib64

MM finjulhich at gmail.com
Sat May 11 09:34:07 UTC 2019

I have built and installed odb with build2 with this configuration:

bpkg create -d odb-gcc-X cc     \
  config.cxx=g++                  \
  config.cc.coptions=-O3          \
  config.bin.rpath=/usr/local/lib/64 \
  config.install.root=/usr/local

However, when I run odb I get

odb: error while loading shared libraries: libcutl-1.11.0-b.5.so:

the reason is that those .so are installed under /usr/local/lib and not
/usr/local/lib64, even though they are 64bit ELFs. On Fedora, the
convention is to install them under lib64

I manually moved them from lib to lib64, and now odb works

Is there a config option to obtain the correct result?

Rds,