[build2] build2 0.9.0 bootstrap build failure

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Feb 28 15:20:46 UTC 2019

Matthew Krupcale <mkrupcale at matthewkrupcale.com> writes:

> Regarding step 1, what I'm currently doing and what I think is the
> easiest way is to use the config.bdep.test.repository='' option to
> short-circuit the bdep ci and publish tests, which appear to be the
> only ones that require network access.

Yes, this is actually the recommended way to disable remote tests.

> However, on a more general note, I can see from the build2 manual[3]
> that there is a way to specify which test(s) to run through the
> "config.test" CLI option for build2, but it might make sense to add
> a way to instead specify a blacklist / exclude specific tests.

While I don't think that would be the best mechanism for this
situation (you don't want to keep maintaining this list for
every version upgrade), generally, I think this is a good idea.
I've added a TODO note.

>  - Unversioned so-files (libbutl-0.9.so and libbpkg-0.9.so). This
> refers to the platform-specific library versioning which is typical on
> Linux to denote ABI changes which require a rebuild of artifacts
> depending on them.

I wouldn't call it "unversioned", rather platform-independently-
versioned, which is not ideal but is not as bad as the complete
lack of versioning would have been.

>  5. Find a sponsor to join Fedora packagers

While I don't know anyone suitable personally, let me know if I
can help with this in any way.