[build2] build2 0.9.0 bootstrap build failure

Matthew Krupcale mkrupcale at matthewkrupcale.com
Mon Feb 25 17:34:23 UTC 2019

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 7:47 AM Karen Arutyunov <karen at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> Here are patches that fix the bdep and bpkg test failures:

Thanks, these have fixed the test issues on F29[1].

> https://git.build2.org/cgit/bdep/commit/?id=0ee1e194504cc267b372e0c9316e29a9db7273d0

Minor formatting issue I noticed: there is inconsistent use of tabs
vs. spaces in indentation (e.g. tabs on lines 589, 590, 592 with
spaces surrounding those).

I'm now trying to build on Fedora rawhide, and the issues are in
building bpkg and bdep[2], where the errors have to do with attempting
to construct bpkg::selected_package and bdep::configuration objects
using a constructor for all data members which does not exist (only
the default, copy, and move constructors are created). I'm not
entirely sure why it's trying to use such a constructor rather than
aggregate-initialize since these classes appear to meet the
requirements of an aggregate type[3], nor am I sure why this only
happens on rawhide, but rawhide does use GCC 9 rather than GCC 8.2.

Any ideas what might be happening?

Best,
Matthew

[1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mkrupcale/build2/build/862299/