[build2] build2 0.9.0 bootstrap build failure

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Feb 22 11:18:46 UTC 2019

Matthew Krupcale <mkrupcale at matthewkrupcale.com> writes:

> I'm glad to see the latest release of build2. I've started building it
> on Fedora[1], [...]

Thanks and it's great to see you are back on it.

> The line of issue appears to be libbutl/diagnostics.cxx:137 inside
> ~diag_stream_lock where diag_term is accessed but is empty:

Yeah, that's our bug, thanks for the report. Here is the patch:

https://git.build2.org/cgit/libbutl/commit/?id=2cec5d9c34dd880c732253c2129ce99524d01a1b

> I'm not entirely sure what the issue here is because it looks like the
> libbutl/diagnostics.{c,m}xx files haven't been touched in a while, and
> the 0.8.0 builds didn't fail in this way.

I think this is a combination of two things:

1. We switched to using std::optional where it's available (like GCC 8).

2. You using -D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS.

I would prefer not to go through a bugfix release just yet in case
anything else shakes out. Do you think you can apply the patch as
part of your build?