[build2] [bug-report] Parsing options-file fails when quoted value have spaces

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Feb 15 15:25:10 UTC 2019

Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim at gmail.com> writes:

>     config.cc.poptions="/Iaaa /Ibbb"
>
> I'm considering this a bug as the doc says: [...]

Prior to the paragraph you've quoted there is this paragraph:

"[...] Each option should appearing on a separate line optionally followed
by space and an option value. Empty lines and lines starting with # are
ignored. Option values can be enclosed in double (") or single (') quotes
to preserve leading and trailing whitespaces as well as to specify empty
values. [...]"

Specifically, according to the documentation, the option name should
be separated from value with a space, not '='. (Though we probably
should support '=' if it's enabled for options so I've added an item
to the TODO list.)