[build2] Missing include?: build2-0.11.0/build2/target.txx:23: undefined reference to `build2::resolve_members`

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Aug 5 04:40:39 UTC 2019

Matthew Krupcale <mkrupcale at matthewkrupcale.com> writes:

> Okay, would you suggest I apply a similar patch for rebuilding 0.11.0?

Yes, though the one I linked to probably won't apply cleanly due to
the ongoing restructuring. You could also wait until the next release
(which is expected in a few weeks) if this is not a pressing issue.

> Yeah, I've been waiting for things to settle before I try to update
> the RPM spec. I suspect there will be several new library sub-packages
> to add (libbuild2, libbuild2-bash, etc.).

Yes, that's a good question. To give you a sense of what is what,
libbuild2 is the build system core while a shared library in the
libbuild2-<name> form is for a build system module <name> (e.g.,
libbuild2-in, libbuild2-bash, etc; there will be quite a few of
them). Whether it makes sense to split them up into separate
Fedora packages, I am not sure: it's possible though unlikely
that some of them won't be necessary, except perhaps for bash
and cli (cli, BTW, will be eventually moved to a completely
separate package that is not part of the build2 toolchain).