[build2] Working with multiple projects locally

Per Edin per.edin at sequence-point.se
Sun Apr 28 09:01:05 UTC 2019

Thanks Boris!

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 4:58 PM Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> For this to work you will first need to convert your "build system
> only" build configuration to a bpkg build configuration. There should
> be an option to do it from an existing configuration but it's not
> there yet. So you will need to re-create build-default/:
>
> $ rm -r build-default/
> $ bpkg create -d build-default/ cc config.cxx=clang++

I did the following:

$ rm -r build-default/
$ bpkg create -d build-default/ cc config.cxx=clang++
$ cd libone
$ bdep init --no-auto-sync -A ../build-default/ @clang
$ cd ../libtwo
$ bdep init --no-auto-sync -A ../build-default/ @clang
$ ...

As far as I can tell initialiazing libtwo/ fetched some dependencies
from cppget and used the existing libone/ in build-default/ instead of
downloading it. Exactly what I want.

I had to add --no-auto-sync to prevent bdep from dropping libone when
initializing libthree (only libtwo depends on libone). I'm not sure if
it's the "right way" to do it.

// Per