[build2] guess C compiler type

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Oct 29 13:05:28 UTC 2018

Moldmann Max <MoldmannMax at JohnDeere.com> writes:

> > C:\Tools\c166VXv3.0r3/bin/cc166.exe -v
> Usage: cc166 [options] files
> [...]

Hm, what makes you think this compiler is GCC-based? The command line
interface is bizarre.

In any case, I've added support for config.{c,cxx}.{id,version,target}
variables (available in the latest staged version) which can be used
to supply this information if build2 could not extract it automatically
(for instance, because the compiler was "customized" beyond recognition).
For example:

$ b ... config.cxx.id=gcc-custom \
        config.cxx.version=4.0.0 \
	config.cxx.target=i386-linux-gnu

However, I doubt this will help in your case.