[build2] "Backwards modification times" in 0.9.0

Per Edin info at peredin.com
Sat Nov 17 09:34:49 UTC 2018

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 9:47 AM Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> Yes, we are tracking down a bizarre modification time issue and
> have instrumented staged build2 to detect this and print
> additional diagnostics, which is what you are seeing.

I managed to get it working by removing the diagnostics code and building
it using build.sh. (I desperately needed the new SSH-support, great work!)

> $ sw_ver
> $ diskutil info /  # Are you using APFS or HFS?
> $ which ar ld
> $ ld -v

FYI, building on a brand new HFS volume worked!

Output as follows:

~> sw_vers
ProductName: Mac OS X
ProductVersion: 10.13.5
BuildVersion: 17F77

~> diskutil info /
   Device Identifier:        disk1s1
   File System Personality:  APFS

~> which ar ld
/usr/bin/ar
/usr/bin/ld

~> ld -v
@(#)PROGRAM:ld  PROJECT:ld64-351.8
configured to support archs: armv6 armv7 armv7s arm64 i386 x86_64
x86_64h armv6m armv7k armv7m armv7em (tvOS)
LTO support using: LLVM version 9.1.0, (clang-902.0.39.2) (static
support for 21, runtime is 21)
TAPI support using: Apple TAPI version 9.1.0 (tapi-902.0.9)

// Per