[build2] Using ssh-git

Bo Lorentsen bl at lue.dk
Mon Nov 5 21:25:39 UTC 2018

On 11/05/2018 03:34 PM, Boris Kolpackov wrote:
> Right, that was my thinking as well. Things like private keys/ssh-agent
> should make authorization fairly transparent.
Yeps, that is what I normally use, and it works like a charm :-)

> We will try to add ssh:// support for the next release. I will ping you
> when we have something for you to try.
Thanks, that would be so nice.
> Yes, though this is still not ideal, especially if the contents of these
> repositories are proprietary/sensitive.
>
> I did a bit of research and it seems there is a mechanism similar to
> ssh-agent for caching git credentials:
>
>    https://git-scm.com/docs/git-credential-cache
The problem here is, that even though we have stored the credentials,
the repository needs to set op credential store explicitly per cloned repos.

So every time bpkg makes a temp git clone, we need to enter username
password, or bpkg could run the `git config credential.helper store`on
all new git repos. That way we will only be asked once per git remote.
> Have you seen/tried this?

Yeps, that was one of my initial confusions :-) ...

/BL