[build2] build2 g++ -std=c++1y problem

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon May 21 10:41:18 UTC 2018

Feiyun Wang <feiyunw at yahoo.com> writes:

> I suggest to change "-std=c++1y" to "-std=gnu++14" for g++ options.
> BTW, "-std=c++14" doesn't work either.

c++1y allows building build2 with older compilers (like GCC 4.9) that
don't recognize c++14. And since changing to c++14 didn't make any
difference, there is no reason to change it, is there?

> __POSIX_VISIBLE is ruining my pthreading on cygwin

Cygwin is not our primary platform. If you can come up with a fix,
I would be happy to review/apply, but we ourselves unfortunately
have no resources to investigate this.

Also, I would suggest that you use staged build2 for your testing
since it included all the latest features/fixes:

https://stage.build2.org/0/