[build2] How to tag when having multiple packages in one git repo?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 25 14:18:44 UTC 2018

Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim at gmail.com> writes:

> Then I'm failing to see how something like a boost distribution would work
> with build2?
>
> [...]
>
> To be clear: (without using subrepos?) how would I make a snapshot of
> versions of libraries that I guarantee to work when used together (after
> testing) using build2?

The only thing that won't work is using the git repository as a package
repository without specifying the fragment (i.e., the "default set"
functionality). You can still tag using whatever scheme you deem sensible
and specify the tag(s) explicitly in the fragment.

And, as I mentioned in my previous email, there are plans to support
custom default set/tagging schemes.

> Could you clarify what you mean by "default set" exactly?

See the GIT REPOSITORIES section in:

https://build2.org/bpkg/doc/bpkg-repository-types.xhtml