[build2] bpkg: curl fails without retry

Feiyun Wang feiyunw at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 01:56:10 UTC 2018

Hi Boris,
Thanks for your advice!I checked C:\build2\share\doc\bpkg\bpkg-common-options.xhtml and read this:> Currently, bpkg has the following preference order: wget 1.16 or higher (supports --show-progress), curl, wget, and fetch.But I didn't find wget.exe in the provided build2-baseutils or build2-mingw packages.I suggest to have wget(>=1.16) included, and may it fix this problem without any other modification?
Sincerely,Feiyun Wang   On Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 7:34:20 PM GMT+8, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

 Feiyun Wang <feiyunw at yahoo.com> writes:

> I suggest that bpkg-stage can retry for some times automatically when
> curl fails, like wget does.

Automatically retrying means adding another option (to configure the
number of retries or to disable them) and dragging it through all the
levels of build and bootstrap scripts. This both increases complexity,
number of logic paths to test, etc. At the same time, it is fairly
simple to just restart the build/bootstrap script from scratch.

But if you really need retries, feel free to customize the relevant
scripts yourself (you can pass the necessary curl options to bpkg via
--fetch-option).