[build2] Fix build on older x86 and arm CPUs

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jan 1 11:34:30 UTC 2018

Norbert Lange <nolange79 at gmail.com> writes:

> Again, why is this an issue, is there any measured performance implication?
> [...]
>
> If there is much contention to affect perfromance, you need to look at
> what you are doing [...]
>
> Can't tell anything without analyzing your whole code [...].

This discussion is getting a bit tangential so for now I've added the macro
(BUILD2_ATOMIC_NON_LOCK_FREE) to suppress lock-free checks. With that and by
passing -latomic via LIBS (for bootstrap.gmake) and config.cc.loptions you
should be able to link libatomic for platforms that need it. But let me know
if something doesn't work with this approach.

Boris