[build2] std::system_error: Resource temporarily unavailable

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Feb 6 12:31:17 UTC 2018

Dane Springmeyer <dane at mapbox.com> writes:

> # logbt -- make

Neat ;-).

> #7  0x00000000005549c6 in build2::scheduler::create_helper(std::__1::unique_lock<std::__1::mutex>&) ()

I've tried a couple of things that came to mind:

1. Built build2 from a makefile (builds fine).

2. Checked if make overrides the stack size rlimit (not on my box).

So it would be helpful to get the source code location of this frame.

Also, if you want to check whether make overrides the stack size on
your platforms, here is a test program:

https://codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/stacksize.c

Build it (gcc -o stacksize stacksize.c -lpthread) and then compare
output when running by itself and from a makefile:

all:
	./stacksize

For some background on this stack size issue, see create_helper()
(starts at line 450):

https://git.build2.org/cgit/build2/tree/build2/scheduler.cxx

Boris