[build2] Feature Request: Build2 Work Tree

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Dec 11 12:25:26 UTC 2018

Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim at gmail.com> writes:

> Note that I am merely pointing the need, not implying build2's team
> should make it. Tools are built over git for example, not by people
> making git, and that makes sense as these tools often implement higher
> level logic than git.

Yes, the functionality you are describing seems to be as much about
version control as about build management. Plus the exact actions
and boundaries are still very fuzzy, at least to me. So it is probably
best to at least start the prototyping stage as an external tool to
get some clarity. At the same time, I am prepared to add any necessary
lower-level functionality to bdep. Things like discovering all the
initialized projects in a build configuration, etc.